ruson lies across from Verbier in the Quattre Vallées, and used to be rather overlooked as it was only served by bus from Le Châble, even though the pass for the more famous area includes Bruson - a separate, cheaper, pass is also available for Bruson alone. As of 2014, however, a new gondola links Bruson with Le Châble, making it a worthwhile day trip or an alternative at busy weekends to the main areas. Despite being a small resort, the slopes should still be relatively quiet and good for intermediate skiers and snowboarders, although there is a tough trail back down to the valley for the more experienced.
Best of the Slopes
From the top you can take a black run then a marked trail all the way down to Le Châble for a 1400m vertical descent.
Where to Eat and Party
Three small restaurants on the mountain, with the one in the middle of the blank run from the summit edging it with its tasty home made soup.
By Public Transport
The best destination to access the downhill slopes by public transport in this ski area is Le Châble. Station adjacent to gondola. Voucher only covers the Verbier area, not the full 4 Vallées for which a small additional charge is made at the lift station. Ensure you get the cheaper ski pass that only covers Bruson, unless you want one to cover Verbier too. The resort operates the Snow'n'Rail scheme, providing a 20% discount on the combined travel ticket and lift pass.
- From Zurich the least travel time is 3 hrs 17 mins with as few as 2 changes going via Visp or Lausanne / Martigny. Typically, an adult one day combined ticket is 224.80 SFr, reduced to 144.40 SFr with a Half-Price card.
- From Basel the least travel time is 3 hrs 21 mins with as few as 2 changes going via Visp or Lausanne / Martigny. Typically, an adult one day combined ticket is 212.00 SFr, reduced to 138.00 SFr with a Half-Price card.
- From Berne the least travel time is 2 hrs 32 mins with as few as 2 changes going via Visp or Lausanne / Martigny. Typically, an adult one day combined ticket is 172.40 SFr, reduced to 120.00 SFr with a Half-Price card.
- From Lausanne the least travel time is 1 hrs 19 mins with as few as 1 changes going via Martigny. Typically, an adult one day combined ticket is 127.60 SFr, or 97.60 SFr with a Half-Price card.
- From Luzern an adult one day combined ticket is 215.60 SFr, or 141.60 SFr with a Half-Price card.
Indicative prices are for travel to Le Châble. Click here to find prices for other destinations. Under the combined ticket scheme the additional charge for a two day pass is 62.00 SFr.
Please refer to a map and check local conditions for accurate routing information.
- The road distance from Basel is around 246 km and the journey time is roughly 2 hrs 38 mins.
- The road distance from Lausanne is around 93 km and the journey time is roughly 1 hr 9 mins.
- The road distance from Fribourg is around 122 km and the journey time is roughly 1 hr 24 mins.
Other resorts in the ski area include Champex.
Latest Resort Report
Visit resort web site for details - see sidebar.
Piste Map for Bruson
Get directions from Google in a new window or tab
Accommodation in the Resort & Nearby
- $$$ Hôtel du Rhône, Sion (3*) Covenient for the centre of Sion and the station, with guest parking.
+41 273228291 http://www.durhonesion.ch
- $$ Le Deserteur Hotel, Nendaz (3*)
+41 272882455 http://www.ledeserteur.ch
- $ Sion Youth Hostel, Sion (Hostel) Convenient for station, sadly not open until late March..
+41 273237470 http://www.youthhostel.ch/en/
- $ Dzardys Bar & Backpacker, Le Chable (Hostel) At the foot of the gondola up to Verbier.
+41 275652531 http://dzardys-bar.ch/
- $$$$$ Chalet D'Adrien, Verbier (5*) Small, exclusive establishment famous for it's restaurants.
+41 277716200 http://www.chalet-adrien.com/
- $$$$$ W, Verbier (5*) Winner of the 2016 World Ski Awards Best Ski Hotel in the World.
+41 274728888 http://www.wverbier.com/
- $$$$$ La Cordée des Alpes, Verbier (4*) Hotel favoured by royalty.
+41 277754545 http://www.hotelcordee.com
- $$$ Hotel Bristol, Verbier (3*)
+41 277716577 http://www.bristol-verbier.ch/